Did you know that globally, law enforcers are charging organisations and senior executives for failing to prevent bribery?
Even if they were not directly involved.
Risk Assessments help you prevent and stop corruption in your own organisation.
Corruption is corrosive
A robust risk management programme with a properly conducted risk assessment provides the assurance to prosecutors, regulators and shareholders that an organisation understands the issue of corruption and is serious about tackling it head-on.
Risk Assessments have emerged as a vital tool to:
- identify and eliminate corrupt acts internally and within complex supply chains
- protect organisations and individual officers against falling foul of the law
- establish the basis for identifying and reporting organisations’ vulnerable spots with early detection, closer monitoring and enabling swifter action
- enable organisations to head-off the negative fall-out from enforcement action
- save reputations and millions of dollars in fines and fighting lawsuits
In this virtual and interactive masterclass, our experts, Grant Griffiths and Animah Kosai explain how managing risks and conducting effective risk assessments within a corruption context can transform your approach to
- managing corruption
- enhancing corporate value
- improving organisational governance and assurance
This masterclass guides you on how to identify, assess and mitigate corruption risks for your organisation and across your supply chain and third party relationships.
What our Masterclass covers
- Why a Corruption Risk Assessment is needed
- The concept and principles of Risk Assessments
- Mapping risks with the compliance framework
- Common high-risk areas for corrupt activities
- Risk Assessment in action where we guide participants collaboratively in conducting a risk assessment:
- Identify areas of corruption risk in organisations and businesses
- How, why and where organisations are exposed to corruption (or could become exposed)
- Approaches in addressing the demands of enforcement agencies, mitigating against enforcement
- Assess the scale of the risk
- Identify mitigation and control measures to reduce risk
- Ownership of Risks
- Dedicated feedback on your own organisation’s Corruption Risk Assessment
Who is Our Masterclass Designed for?
- Senior Executives
- People in Risk, Compliance, Audit and Legal functions
- Managers in Finance, Supply Chain, Procurement, HR, Sales and Business Development
- Project Managers and Executives
- Lawyers, Auditors and Financiers
- Professionals advising on corporate crime and acquisitions
- Company Secretaries
What you get from our Masterclass
- An up-to-date understanding of the current global regulatory and enforcement regimes
- How to prepare a comprehensive Risk Assessment
- An understanding of how Corruption Risks fit within an organisation’s risk framework
- Understand your obligations and responsibilities in fighting corruption and how to effectively address it
- Tools and templates to support risk assessment, monitoring and reporting
- Access to our ever-growing resources library
- Membership of the Speak Up Academy in 2020
or enquire here for alternative registration and payment modes
Day 1: Presentation by instructors and Risk Assessment exercise (3.5 hours)
Day 2 (one week later): Feedback on learners’ risk assessments (2 hours)
Our first masterclass was in July 2020, and we will be running the sessions again in August and September. Check with us as for the exact dates and times – we change these to accommodate various timezones.
For those new to risk management or understanding corruption red flags, we have a series of videos which we would encourage you to watch before the live sessions.
USD499.99 + tax per person, payable via registration link
Classes are conducted via zoom for full engagement between instructors and learners. A microphone/earphones & webcam are required for full participation.
Grant Griffiths is an NED and executive with 25 years of leadership in global organisations including NYSE and FTSE listed companies in energy, manufacturing and technology, accountable for strategy, M&A, transformation, risk management and governance. He advises boards and C-suite executives in shaping the future of their enterprises by developing and implementing sustainable strategies with a focus on risk. He is an advisor to Speak Up and Global Crisis Management, and a director at Flexmind. He chairs the Institute of Risk Management (IRM) Turkey Regional Group and is Deputy Chair of the IRM’s Energy, Oil & Gas & Renewables SIG. He is a member of the Institute of Directors.
Animah Kosai is founder of Speak Up At Work and co-founder of the Speak Up Academy. She was called to the Malaysian Bar in 1994 and practiced for 9 years specialising in projects and technology. Animah served as corporate counsel in the oil and gas industry for 14 years playing a key role advising management and the board, and was responsible for corporate governance, compliance and legal matters. She implemented ethics and anti-bribery/corruption programmes including overseeing investigations. Animah speaks and writes on business ethics and corporate wrongdoing including corruption, fraud and harassment. Her articles have appeared in US based Anti-Corruption Digest, CSA’s Governance & Compliance magazine, CNN and Malaysian news sites She is based in London.Register Here